About Maths Doctor
- Maths Doctor Limited is a private education company that is run by the UK’s most experienced and well qualified teaching professionals.
- It is a nationwide network of inspirational tutors who share a desire to engage their students and are motivated by seeing them succeed.
- Maths Doctor provides one-to-one private tuition in the students home, offering a choice of both traditional and innovative teaching techniques which make learning maths easier.
- Through working with Maths Doctor both children and adult learners can realise their potential, feel more confident and simply go further in life.
- Maths Doctor provide an alternative to the unregulated and diffused state of the private tuition market in the UK by taking a professional and structured approach to one-to-one education, making them uniquely specialised.
Maths Doctor was founded by Simon Walsh, a highly experienced and qualified mathematics teacher who has worked for both state and independent schools.
Whilst at Steyning Grammar School, he was responsible for innovation in the teaching of mathematics. In addition he was the Mathematics Co-ordinator for Year 11 Intervention, a pilot programme focused on under performing pupils. That year the school achieved the highest proportion of A*- C grades in its history of GCSE maths results.
Mr Walsh has a strong reputation for his innovative approach to teaching and an ability to relate well to young people. He has been involved for many years in providing both traditional and alternative forms of education and his contributions to these fields have been recognised by significant figures such as Cherie Blair and HRH Prince of Wales. To truly appreciate the innovative culture that underlies this company please view the video to the right which demonstrates an alternative approach to teaching algebra in the classroom.
The Maths Doctor Exams Department operate as a stand alone unit and are responsible for ensuring the overall effectiveness of Maths Doctor as a private tuition company.
This department is run by a team of the U.K.’s most qualified, experienced and innovative teachers. Within this team you will find authors of maths textbooks, practising heads of department and official examiners.
It's responsibilities include ensuring that the Maths Doctor curriculum is up to date with the latest changes in government policy and exam board syllabi. For example there are over 12 different exam paths leading to a GCSE qualification in maths, and this has changed every year for the last four years.
Its other roles include monitoring the quality of lessons delivered by Maths Doctor’s tutors and monitoring the progress of students who are enrolled on its courses. By providing support to tutors in terms of curriculum advice and exam guidance it ensures that every one of Maths Doctor’s students receives a consistently high level of service.
The Maths Doctor team of tutors are passionate about teaching and are inspired by seeing their students succeed.
The types of tutors you can expect to find at Maths Doctor range from dynamic young maths and physics graduates, to highly experienced and practising school teachers, as well as academics who work and lecture at universities. Maths Doctor has an extensive network of tutors across the UK.
The diverse range and depth of experience in this team enables Maths Doctor to meet the needs of practically all students who require one-to-one private tuition in maths or physics.
How to get in touch
You can contact our head office between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday. We will be happy to discuss your individual needs or answer any questions that you may have.
020 7 193 1871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sussex Innovation Centre
Science Park Square